Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Feast at the Firehorse Cafe




Ok, so I'll admit that I'm still a bit amped up about the wolverine sighting. I just still can't believe that I actually saw one! Well, Kass and Sally took off about 11 am on Monday. Once they left, I headed over to the hotel to get some painting done. It was warm and just a touch windy. After work I walked up to the top of the hill behind the dorm, post-holing most of the way (ugh!), to check on the wolverine site on Cracker Flats. All is well there. I followed the beaten path of the bighorn sheep back towards the cabin. Monday night I finished my third Harry Potter book (Yep, Shayla has turned me into a nerd) and packed for the trip out to the Post Office that we would be taking in the morning.


Jeff and I left the cabin about 8:30 am for the Post Office. We left in a mad dash in order to make it before the 10:30-12:00 lunch hour. The entire road is clear except for three or four patches of snow. We could have biked almost the entire way if only we had bikes. This warm spell is really beginning to chap my ass! Anyway, Jeff's boss Troy met us at the gate. He is taking sort of a working vacation and staying with us for a couple of nights. Troy drove us the rest of the way to the Post Office where we had some nice goodies from Dave and Pattie, Uncle Scott and Aunt Becky, and Charolette and Tim. Thank You!!! Then, to our shock and surprise, the Firehorse Cafe was open. So we all ate big burgers and drank sodas then shoved off for the gate. It was a nice walk in (40 degrees and very light wind), and we were back at the cabin by mid-afternoon. Jeff and I taught Troy Pass the Pigs, and we watched a movie to cap off the night.


Today is another beautiful day. The sun is shining and it is 36 degrees. Jeff and Troy are over at the hotel working and I am baking pitas to go with all of the wonderful fresh veggies Troy brought us. After lunch we are going to go explore!


P.S. I'm still working on getting the video of the wolverine on here. Hopefully, it will be soon though!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Good to hear you finally got to go out to eat! Also good to hear that the Cracker Meat-Stick is still up! We're currently watching the Vikings at the StoneFly, and catching up in cyberworld. I've enjoyed checking out your blog!

    Looking forward to the privilege of visiting again, and hope that all is well!

    Cheers,
    Leah & Erik

    ReplyDelete