Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beauty Surrounds Us!

What a night for football on Sunday. That Vikings/ Saints game was awesome. But don't worry Brett Favre fans. He won't retire this year. Not with his last pass being an interception. Oh, how I hope the next two weeks fly by to the good ol' Super Bowl. Although, it is always quite sad when football season ends.

Monday, it was back to work for Jeff. There wasn't any work for me, so I pretty much bummed around the house all day. I replanted my basil, thyme, and chive plants so that I could start growing the leaf lettuce plants. Supposedly it only takes three weeks until harvest. I can't wait to have a nice, green salad! Oh, I forgot to mention that on Sunday we had some delicious fresh basil on our pasta. YUM!

Today, Jeff and I spent most of the day over at the hotel. (I even went in early...a first for me.) I finished my work by 2:30, so I decided to take advantage of the perfect weather and go for a ski. Today was awesome. We hit a high of 30 degrees, it was sunny, and there was no wind! I skied around Swiftcurrent Lake then headed out to Lake Josephine. There were coyote tracks all across Swiftcurrent Lake as usual. The trail out to Josephine is still a bit crummy. We only have about three inches of powder over top of the icy snow. But, I made it to Lake Josephine without any tears this time, so I will call it a success. Both of the deer legs on Lake Josephine have been devoured by the wolverines. And, there were lots of wolverine tracks around the dock. I didn't see any mountain goats (I was sure that I would), but I did see some tracks up on the hillside. On the ski back home, I noticed that there were fresh wolverine tracks over top of my ski tracks. I must have just missed it when I skied to the other side of the lake. Bummer! I made it back to the cabin about 4:30. There were ten bighorn sheep grazing on the side of Mt. Altyn. What a day!

1 comment: