Saturday, January 9, 2010

57 yard return to start the game...Go Bengals

Yesterday was another no work day for me. It's fun at first, but then I just don't know what to do with myself. Plus, I'm worried that once in the real world, I just plain won't want to work. It was really windy yesterday which ruled out much outside time. Also, the clouds are back. Yay! On the bright side, it has be nice and toasty lately. We have been averaging 32 degrees for the past few days.

I finished puzzle number one and moved on to puzzle number two. I've also started the first Harry Potter book. Shayla is awesome and sent me four Harry Potter books to keep me busy. Now we get to have nerd talk on the phone! Jeff was able to get some work done at the hotel. He has been fixing cracks, and priming, and doing all the stuff that I am apparently not qualified for. (Not that I'm complaining.) I made bread, but I was so into writing my lesson for the third graders that I forgot about it and it fell into nothingness. Bummer.

Today, I awoke to more gray skies. Jeff went over to the hotel for more manly work, and I did take two on the bread baking. It is much more successful when you don't forget about the rising bread. I also made some apple sauce and am in the process of drying apple slices. (Our apples were starting to turn.) There was more puzzle work, and now Jeff and I are preparing for the playoff games. I'm not a Bengals fan or a Jets fan, but the poor Bengals haven't won a playoff game in nineteen years. Not to mention, they just lost to the Jets 37 to ZERO last week. So to that I say, GO BENGALS! (That's for you Jim.)

I was hoping to do a bit of ice fishing between games, but the wind is a howling. Perhaps tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. My two favorite teams - Bengals & Patriots! Well, #3 Dolphins didn't make it so I have thrown all my allegiances to the AZ Cardinals. Exciting game this evening - hate that either team lost.

    We were in Glacier for about 11 days last summer & my kids befriended a young Frenchman named Romaine (sp?). Did you happen to know him? I promised to send him pics of everyone together but lost his email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..at least you are warmer than us. Not only do we have the cold, we also have the wind. Pretty crazy. Grandma and Mark are going to Tampa tomorrow; Mark has been having some heart problems and is having a heart cath to determine the problem. Will keep you posted. Yesterday's AZ/GB game was crazy! At least we don't have to worry about the Steelers! Love you.

    ReplyDelete