Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Yep




Alright, so it's been a while. Not a whole lot has been happening around here except cold, cold weather. Our low yesterday was negative 21 degrees. Jeff spent most of the day ripping out the wall behind the kitchen sink. The pipes in our kitchen were frozen. We already have two space heaters in the crawl space. Now, we have to leave all the drawers open and another space heater in the kitchen. It was a beautiful day yesterday from what I could see, but I boycotted going outside. I am simply not ready for negative double digits. I better get ready soon. So, Jeff and I built and decorated our gingerbread house that Pattie got for us. Later, I made a Christmas tree out of cardboard and construction paper. (Don't judge me. I have a lot of time on my hands.)


Luckily, so far it is positive 1 degree. Jeff is over at the hotel getting the second floor ready for painting. I am going to bake some bread and some Christmas cookies. Oh, I forgot. We saw a huge bull moose on Monday. It was right in the road, and there was a female down the hill by the river. I guess life is good after all.

4 comments:

  1. We would never judge you...it looks very festive!!! Where's the 49er ornament? Love the way you guys did the gingerbread house; it looks great! Maybe you could capture the shrew and put him inside so he would have to eat his way out; it might keep him occupied for awhile (hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 49er ornament???? What about the Steeler's ornament??? OK, don't know much about football. We now have your cold weather, but ours isn't going to last. Had a crazy weather day yesterday, with thunder, hail, sleet, wind, and even a tornado warning. I heard a saying I've never heard before; thunder in fall, no winter at all. Since it's stil fall.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi,
    You don't know me but Krista Kelly (a friend of your moms) is my Daughter.....anyway, she told me to check out your blog. You really have posted some great outdoor pictures here. I love you gingerbread house and your tree is great.

    If you get a chance, check out my blog...Thanks Terry Macri, Hermitage Pa

    ReplyDelete