Saturday, December 19, 2009


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. (That's for you Pattie!) Well, you guessed it, it's snowing again. We didn't get much snow yesterday, but it was snowing like the dickens today. Yesterday, I spent many hours painting. Painting, painting, painting. Gotta love it. I moved down to the first floor where it is nice and chilly and the radio reception sucks (due to the boarded up windows). To make time pass by a little bit faster while painting, I day dream. I have recently realized that the harded part about writing the blog is coming up with a title. It seems like it would be a simple thing, but things out here tend to be repetitive. So, here's what I am going to do. I am going to take title suggestions. If you sumit a title suggestion, I WILL use it (keep it clean please). So, start thinking. I will be very disappointed if I don't get any responses to this. Well, after work I cooked a fabulous dinner of chicken and artichokes with white wine sauce and rice pilaf. Yum. Then, I settled into The Shining. It is officially getting scary. I got to the part where Danny sees the dead woman in the tub, and she strangles him. Plus, there's the part where the animal-shaped hedges chase him. Pretty soon, Jack is going to start acting on his wants to kill his wife and child. Then, we will be in business.
Today, I worked a half-day at the hotel. My mind and body rejected the idea of spending an entire Saturday working. Jeff did, however, like the good worker he is. I suppose it is his job. I have been desperately searching for a job. A real job, but so far, no dice. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. We also got snow; about four inches. Not as bad as Uncle Steve! For once, we weren't the ones getting dumped on. Those East coast southern storms really put it down. I'll rack my brain for blog titles for you. Can't think of any now except maybe "Gourmet cooking on a wilderness budget (without road kill)". "You might not be a redneck if you can make...in a wilderness cabin". "OOH I'm painting my life away..." (Eddie Rabbitt song "Driving my life away". "GRE word of the day."

    Dad went on the club spree last night, not looking too good this morning, poor guy. I, however, am getting stronger physically and mentally every day. Feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jeff and I have a better chance to ski 30 miles, than the Steelers do at going to the playoffs"??? I really enjoy reading your blogs, keep having fun, and Happy Holidays to the both of you from Chicago! Oh and I just got a new telescope for christmas and can only imagine the night sky out there. Here in Chicago I can only look at the moon which gets boring.

    ReplyDelete