Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh, I'm Painting my Life Away...

Lookin for a better way...or something like that.

Well the blue skies have moved out. I must say they lasted about a week longer than I thought they would. Yesterday, the wind picked back up, and I knew it would be no time before we were looking at gray skies again. Jeff and I are now working down in the dark, cold basement of the annex. They call it the Lake Level Floor, but they're not fooling me. I think GPI should make the basement into a hostel. They could cram a bunch of bunk beds in the rooms, charge thirty bucks a person, and no one would complain. Plus it would bring in a younger crowd that would spend more cash money in the bar, and many would come back someday with their families. Not to mention, more people in the hotel to waste money in the gift shop. This is my big idea. Now all I have to do is pitch it to the big man in charge or lady I suppose. Anywho, there is A LOT of painting to be done down there, so we will be there for a while.

Today, I was back at the whole painting thing. Jeff was fixing cracks all day, but the joke's on him. There aren't many repairs down in the lake level rooms, so Jeff himself will be painting. Hehe. After lunch I was feeling brave and talked Jeff into walking across the lake to get to the hotel. We have cut the corner on the lake before, but we haven't been brave enough to walk right out on the lake...until today. Since I am so thoughtful, I let Jeff lead the way. Luckily, we made it to the hotel relatively warm and in one piece to continue with the painting.

We are back at home now. Jeff is watching some loud violent movie, and I am hiding in my room. Perhaps an early night tonight...

1 comment:

  1. The hostel thing sounds like a good idea. Will promote the park. Since you have time (oh boy, do you have time!) calculate how many bunks will fit, approximate cost of renovating the room. Include supplementary services such as cleaning, laundry, that kind of stuff. Try to approximate increased revenue from the number of beds, in the dining room, gift shop, and bar. I assume that some hostels are non-profit, so you should be able to find their financial reports online to help you with you calculations.

    Be safe on the lake. Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete