Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Holidays!


Well, Jeff and I have recovered from our brutal trip to the Post Office. Jeff put in some hours over at the hotel on Christmas Eve. I happily stayed here in the cabin. I was busy though. I baked some homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. (We always have cinnamon rolls at my parents house on Christmas, so it was a must.) Then I baked some delicious sundried tomato rolls. Mom sent Christmas cookies to paint (another Sauerand tradition), so I merily painted away while my bread was rising and baking and such.


The weather here has been awesome since Wednesday. It has been a bit chilly (single digits and teens), but the sky is blue, and the mountains are out in all of their glory. It's amazing how little we see the mountains some weeks when we are literally right in the middle of them. But, luckily they are out now.


We started out Christmas with the cinnamon rolls of course. Jeff had a big day of games planned, so we got to work on those (while drinking mimosas of course). We played a ton of card games, darts, and DDR all day long. I cooked a ham, scalloped potatoes, and green bean casserole. Allie had brought us a pie to bake back on Thanksgiving, and it turned out so delicious. Thanks Allie! And, Jeff got me an Aerogarden. It this planter thing with a light that automatically comes on for 17 hrs a day, and it tells me when to put more nutrients in. Now, for all you people out there who are wondering, we are growing legal herbs (chives, thyme, and basil). Get your minds out of the gutter!


Post-Christmas the weather is still beautiful. Jeff is going to teach me to ski on the bunny slopes today (our great, big snow drifts). Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment