Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby (do-do-do-do-do do)

Another amazing day! The sun was shining, the wind decided not to blow, and the temperature was a warm 34 degrees. Jeff and I watched the Steelers game. I would like to say good job Steelers, but it was the Ravens who lost the game for themselves. After the game, we headed outside. Jeff went out to ski and I went to explore a little. Jeff skied the big hill up behind one of the dorms. I strapped on my snowshoes and went up above the hotel with the sled in tow. There were coyote and bighorn sheep tracks everywhere. And, there were tall blades of grass sticking up all over the place that were covered with ice crystals. They looked just like the rock candy that you can buy in the stores. I sledded down the hill and walked around the lakeside of the hotel. There was an awesome sledding hill on the other side of the hotel, so I took a few runs down it. After I had my fun (and had crashed enough times), I headed back to the cabin to grab my ice skates. There is a frozen puddle next to the Jammer dorm that is just big enough to ice skate on. I was nervous at first, but it turns out ice skating is just like riding a bike. I was doing turns and spins, and skating backwards. Winter Olympics 2014 here I come!


Jeff and I are back in the cabin, watching the Eagles (hopefully) win the football game. Why Colts, Why?

1 comment:

  1. Boy oh boy, does this blog bring back memories! I loved sledding with you kids. Ice skating, when it is going well, feels like flying! Glad you had fun. Love you.

    ReplyDelete