Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful!


So, its been a snowy couple of days. Saturday, the snow began. Jeff went over to the hotel to work in the shop for a while. I hung around the cabin and shoveled the snow along the side of the house to make our wood accessible. I also worked on my DDR skills. It was a quiet night. I started reading The Shining. I guess its time for the nightmares to start.


Today it snowed all day. It was also negative 5 degrees during the warmest part of the day. We watched some football, and I shoveled the snow from along side the house again. Later, Jeff and I skied out to Swiftcurrent, the other property that we must keep an eye on. The snow is pretty deep and very powdery, so it was tough going. Everything is in order at Swiftcurrent. We didn't see any wildlife on the trip. Everything was very quiet. Luckily, the trip back was much easier since we were able to follow our tracks. We watched some more foot ball and the season finale of Dexter.


Here's an enigma that needs solving (I'm am studying vocabulary for the GRE's). We always have a couple of flies in the house. Like I said earlier, it is not even zero degrees outside. Where are they coming from??? My mom's theory is that the larvae are in our firewood that we are bringing in. This is possible, and I can't come up with any other theory. Any other theories out there?

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys!! Keep plugging.It sounds like you're adjusted already. Heidi, I think that your mom is right on the money. My family's place in Northern Michigan posed the same dilema and that is what we came up with. It has to be the answer. But it's not like you can burn frozen logs. At least not very well! Take care! -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, that sounds google-worthy...BTW, how is the google quest going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came up with the frozen larvae idea due to the fact that when you dad moved logs from the wood pile to the front porch, back when it was still being warmed by the sun, the lady beetles thawed out and flew around. It's a shame you don't have a trail camera. You could set it up in front of some logs and record what happens!

    ReplyDelete