Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Wonderful Night


Ok, I've been harrassed for not blogging enough (that's you Pattie), so here I am. I guess my life is just not intersting enough for a daily blog, yet.

So, Tuesday Jeff cut a booty load of wood, and I stacked it for him. We are officially in a mad rush to finish chopping all of our supply before we get any more snow. Monday was gorgeous with the high at 46 degrees! By tuesday, however winter came back. I haven't been back over to the boat launch to see if my fort survived, but I have high hopes. Anyway, back to tuesday... Jeff demanded that I begin pulling my own wait (only kidding), so I covered all of our windows with plastic. It SUCKS! The cabin stays so much warmer, but I can't see out the windows anymore. BOO! To finish the night off, Jeff and I played a heated game of shanghi rummy, then a heated game of sequence, then a heated pretend game of scrabble slam. We have a lot of time on our hands. P.S. Happy B-day mom and happy late B-day dad (Nov 7). Another year YOUNGER! Only 4 more treatments mom!

Wednesday, the weather was not so lovely. Oh, how the mountains hold in the clouds. I chopped wood in the morning. The stack is slowly getting smaller. After lunch, I went to the hotel to help Jeff with work. I had the pleasure of staining a bunch of wood. Fun Fun! Then, Jeff left me alone in the shop...not cool. And finally, we walked around the hotel shutting off breakers and making the hotel even more dark and scary. Oh and yes, I heard a weird noise, but Jeff, being the sensible man that he is, said it was just the building creaking in the wind. HMMM.

Today was my day to chop a booty load of wood. First of all, let me just say that I am a rock star! I chopped a ridiculous amount of wood. I started the day by baking more bread. First try, not so successful. Today, VERY successful. Didn't I just say I rock? As it turns out, being at a high elevation DOES make a differnce, a big one. While the bread was raising, I shoveled snow and chopped wood. I probably logged about 3 hrs of wood chopping. I am strong like caveman! I also did laundry, made lunch for Jeff, played DDR (apparently that's what I'm supposed to be calling Dance, Dance, Revolution), and chopped MORE wood. It was awesome today. The temp was 29 degrees but not a cloud in the sky. There were at least 20 bighorn sheep out this morning (and the males were trying to do IT with the ladies, who as it turns out, weren't interested). I had plans to fish but was too worn out after all the caveman like wood chopping. We are now watching the 49er's play the bears. FYI: Jeff is a 49er's fan, so keep your fingers crossed!

Also, keep your fingers crossed that the weather will be nice this weekend. Jeff and I are hoping to head up to Lethbridge, Alberta for their international brewfest this weekend. Please weather gods, let us go!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to Canada; just beware of psycho border guards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jeff, on the niners win! Tonight I want both of you to say two little prayers for me, one for a vikings win on Sunday (my pick of the week), two for very few arms to go in the air at the auction tomorrow at 11 a.m. I'll let you know how the auction goes, and you'll know the results of the game before me. Long day on the road tomorrow, first auction, then to new york to pick up puppy. Won't be watching any football so when I do talk to you don't devuldge the steelers outcome, I'll be watching it recorded on Monday.

    Take care drink a brewsky for me!!!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete