Friday, April 23, 2010

The Park Is Alive!!










Vic and Allie came out to stay a couple of nights before the road opened out here. We did quite a bit of exploring and saw an awful lot of wildlife. Six moose in all including a cow with two calves. The weather has been amazing and it feels so nice to get some sun on my face. My boss Troy came out to work and stay this week and we have been setting up the lodge for water. The wildlife that has been around includes bears, beavers, moose(lots), sheep, goats, groudsquirrels chipmunks and coyotes. It is exhilarating to see the animals being so active. Wednesday evening I made dinner for Troy, his wife Geri Lee, Sumio, Kumi and myself. Earl hung out for a couple of beers as well. We had a great time visiting and Troy gave us all fly fishing lessons. Kumi grabbed her spinning reel and quickly caught a beautiful brook trout. The tracks in the pictures are of moose and mountain lion, notice how the lion steps directly in it's own track. The lake is 3/4 of the way thawed and the snow is disappearing at a rapid pace. The maintenance crew arrives on Monday and I will leave next Friday for the West side. I will write one more blog once I get to Whitefish.Ta-Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment