Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If you want to complain about something my e-mail is jeffe1975@yahoo.com










I forgot to rotate Steph's sliding picture. First things first! Someone who checks out this blog issued a complaint to one of the big bosses of the park about one of my pictures on the blog. I used this title because I assume that whomever made the complaint just looked at the pictures and didn't bother to read the explanation which was in the text. I hope this person will at least read the title so I can hopefully explain things to him/her before a flurry of phone calls and accusations start flying between the public, park and my bosses. In the next blog there will be some cool pictures but if you just view the images and neglect to read there will be questions and I hope I will be contacted first. It has been extremely busy out here and seems as though it will be mellowing out a bit. As Heidi covered in the last entry we had a wonderful time hitting the top of Altyn while they were here. Steph really showed Jimbo who has the "stones" when it comes to getting up these majestic peaks. You kick ass Steph, Jimbo you are a Sally!! After they had taken off I had a couple of days on my own to work and scout around. I saw some golden eagles cruising the cliff edges with some ravens in tow and I figured there might be something going on so I hoofed it up the road for a better look. I got a little bored with the birds after about 10 minutes so I decided to follow some Linx tracks that I saw near the road. Now, I had followed grizzly tracks a month earlier and that was easy, but this cat has a little more controlled chaos going on when it is cruising. This frickin thing went through a creek, up the base cliffs of Grinnell, wedged its way between dense forest and then hit the trail. One thing that I did notice was that it always seemed to come back to a set of coyote tracks that went around the lakes. I decided to follow the dogs and sure enough the linx and coyotes always seemed to have the same route. after a complete trip around Swiftcurrent lake and half of Josephine I was worn out and the cat had officially won, props to you linxy! Eric rolled in a few days later and he was out to take the wolverine posts down. We had 5 in all to take down and I was determined to knock them out as quickly as possible so we could play then I could get some work done. The goat researchers (I will cover all that on the next blog) were out so we met up with them out at Red Rock Falls and hung out to ogle the goats. On the way back we grabbed the Fisher Cap Lake post - 1 down. We were up early the next day and set out for Josephine and grabbed both of those posts, while we were out there we saw about 30 goats all over the cliffs, man their crazy. While we were on Lake Josephine a big storm rolled in, the temperature dropped and the snow was dumping. We were chillin(literally) on a bench at the foot of the lake and Eric was to gung-ho on going out to Cracker Flats to grab the 5th post but I was able convince him that if we did so he would be very happy about it the next morning. We left Josephine and headed for Swiftcurrent-3 down. That one was easy, off gto Cracker Flats-4 down. The ski to the flats was rather difficult terrain but we made it and decided to take the edge of the flats back and climb the side of the waterfall back up to the cabin,AWESOME!!! It was such a beautiful way to go and I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before.All in all it ended up being about 18 miles and 1 really wet boot that post holed through a snow bridge. Now that all the posts were down we invited all the goat researchers over for dinner that evening. 9 people at once in this cabin! We had a blast and everyone got to know each other over chicken parm and spirits, fun. The weather has been absolutely erratic and I think March was the worst weather since December. I have been able to get quite a lot of work done in between all the visitors and I am just doing clean up now and it is nice to be able to cruise around rocking the headphones. The lakes have all been breaking up here and there, some more than others, especially Sherburne. The road has been plowed and I am now able to drive out to grab my mail. I will cover more of all this stuff in the next blog in a couple of days(moose are back! pics). Take care all and I will post again very soon. I almost forgot to mention, the collar on the sheep is what the researchers use to keep track of them. I thought you all might like to see what they actually look like and no it is not the kind that shocks them if they bark ; ). I also put a picture up of my new washing machine since I have had the plumbing problems. I never realized how easy we have it these days until I had to hand was 2 loads of laundry and 2 sets of bedding. What a forearm workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment