Saturday, October 31, 2009

Warming Up

Alright, so I forgot to blog yesterday. Sorry bout that. Jeff and I got into a heated game of Dance Dance Revolution. Have you every played that game? SO MUCH FUN! I'm going to have to practice while Jeff is at work so I can whoop him.

Anyways, yesterday was in the lower 40's with rain. Much of the snow that I saw when I first got here is gone. They also opened the road back up yesterday. The road does not permanently close until December 31st, and at that point will remain closed until April 1st. In the meantime, the rangers close the road any time the road is unsafe for two wheel drive vehicles. I spent a few hours putting food away in the kitchen and storing the rest in rubbermaid containers (we've caught 6 mice, 1 pack rat, and 1 shrew so far). Finally, we are ready to bunker down for the winter.

Today, its been rainy and windy. Did I mention that its windy..all the time? I mean really windy! Jeff's parents left today, so we followed them out of the park to get our mail and have lunch. Which reminds me, our address is PO Box 648, Babb, MT 59411. We do NOT want to hike and ski 20 miles round trip to find an empty mail box. A letter would be nice (hint hint). Anyways, Jeff and I picked up another case of beer (just in case), and now we are back at home watching college ball. Here are some pics of the views so far and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment